13 Classics (13CLS)
Teacher in Charge: Tamara Yuill Proctor
Recommended Prior Learning
10 credits in a Level 2 language-rich subject
Develop your understanding of the social and conﬂict history of the Ptolemaic Egyptian world through the career of Cleopatra VII and the writings of key ancient historians.
- The Ptolemaic Kingdom of Egypt: history, political ideology
- Cleopatra VII queen: religion, imperialism, family, relationships, motherhood ...
- Cleopatra VII through the ages: how she was seen by the Romans and Medieval Arab culture
- Cleopatra in the twentieth century: Elizabeth Taylor and Asterix
- Ancient Writers: Plutarch & Horace