This course requires 2 options.
13 Legal Studies (13LAW)
Teacher in Charge: Tamara Yuill Proctor
13 Legal Studies
The theme of this course is ‘Making a Diﬀerence’. The course combines the disciplines of law and social studies to examine how the law makes a diﬀerence to people’s lives and how they can make a diﬀerence to the law.
- Field trips including prison and court visits and an optional trip to Wellington
- Examine a past law reform campaign
- Plan and carry out social actions to achieve a policy change
- Explore aspects of criminal law including sentencing
- Examine aspects of imprisonment in New Zealand
You cannot take 13 Legal Studies an 13 Philosophy
Recommended Prior Learning
10 credits in a Level 2 language-rich subject including one writing-based standard
Assessment InformationPossible Credits
External - 0 credits
Internal - 20 credits