This course requires 4 options.
Hagley Dance Project (13HDP)
Teacher in Charge: Naressa Gamble
Hagley Dance Project
Are you passionate about performing and dance? Are you looking for a great pathway for high-level dance training?
Hagley Dance Project is a part-time dance course for experienced dance students wishing to take their dance to the next level. The course focuses on a variety of contemporary dance techniques, choreography and performance and aims to prepare you for further tertiary study.
Performance and Industry Opportunities
- Real life performance: Hagley specific seasons, private events, functions and collaborative works
- Choreographic: design and perform your own works
- Teaching: take workshops and performances to like-minded students
Technique and practical study
- Contemporary dance along with a range of classes that may include Ballet, Jazz, Hip Hop, Improvisation, Pilates, Yoga, Anatomy, Circus skills and Nutrition.
- Gain skills and practical experience working with specialist guest tutors
- Explore your own choreographic style with opportunities to present your ideas to public audiences.
8 Hours per week
7 Great Reasons to Choose Hagley Dance Project
To transition towards a university degree or other tertiary study
Extend your dance technique and body knowledge
Discover a post-secondary learning environment whilst developing technique
Build connections within the dance industry Develop choreographic skills
Increase flexibility, fitness and strength
Work on projects with leading tutors and practitioners
Recommended Prior Learning
Application and Audition.
For Application and audition information contact
Naressa Gamble - Head of Dance
Contributions and Equipment/Stationery
Under 19 - $0 (MOE Funded)
Age 19+ - $160
Specialty Course Cost (T-shirt and Specialist guest tutors)
Under 19 - $40 -T-shirt (Other costs - MOE Funded)
Age 19+ - $400
Hagley Certificate in Dance upon completion.
We also offer NCEA Level 3 Achievement standards in Dance