This course requires 2 options.
12 Electronics (12NCE)
Teacher in Charge: Vicki Dixon
Be a hands-on problem solver and innovator. Electronics enables engineers and inventors to create solutions that tackle global problems and improve lives; for example electric cars, health care technology, and solar energy systems to name a few. 12NCE can lead on to further study and is a useful introduction into many career pathways in electrical and electronic engineering.
- Design circuits using electronic components
- Learn the symbols and language of electronics
- Make prototype circuits to discover how components work
- Investigate current voltage and effects of components on circuits
- Make printed circuit boards
- An advanced electronics or robotics development project to showcase your learning of electronic components and circuits, or robotics
Recommended Prior Learning
Basic computer literacy
Assessment InformationPossible Credits
External - 0 credits
Internal - 24 credits